Thursday, 14 June 2012

Home

Just a quick note to say I'm HOME! For one month I'll be in the UK, seeing family and catching up with friends and having a bit of a rest. It does seem a bit mad to be back so soon, but Brendan's sister is getting married, so we're taking the opportunity to have some time at home as well.
Things I'll miss...

  • Boda bodas taking you from wherever you are to wherever you want to go (no walking to and from bus stops!), or bringing dinner when you can't be bothered to leave the house..
  • My awesome GETS girls
  • My kittens (obviously..)

  • Mosquitos stuck in my net (not!)


  • The heat
  • The sun
  • The lovely cool but bright feeling after it rains (nothing is ever grey there)
  • Everything else about the weather
  • My friends - Anthea, will I manage not seeing you almost every single day??
  • Mini bananas
  • The colours of the market (possibly not the smells, though)
  • That being late is socially acceptable, and I'm usually not the last person to arrive..

If you want to meet up with me to talk about Mbarara or have me come and speak at your church, feel free to get in touch. I'm around until the 9th of July.

Care-bye, Mbarara, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment