Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Creativity

Over the last year or so I've been trying to find new ways of interacting with scripture and words, as I'm such a visual person that reading non-fictional text doesn't grab me, and I tend to forget what I learn.
I've started creating images with texts that inspire me, so I can look at them and see the meaning and be reminded of things I need to learn. This really helps me take things to heart and live them to be true, rather than just keeping them as words in my head.

I didn't draw any of the artwork or take most of the photos, but I used them to create something new. Have tried to refer back to original owners where possible.

Picture taken by Astrid, a lady I met in Namibia who is an
excellent photographer.



I found the central picture here:
 http://simplyreadbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-pretty.html
though the original link seems to be corrupted.

The quote is from the Message.
The picture seems to be all over the internet, and
I can't find an original link.



I hope these inspire you as much as they did me when I created them, and perhaps you'll want to start interacting with scripture differently, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment